Setting up 16 gal Coralife BioCube

William Morris

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2017
Messages
364
Reaction score
185
Location
Benicia, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming back to the reef after many years in planted tanks.
Looking for advise on:
  1. Heaters
  2. Protein Skimmers that will work inside the BioCube
  3. Wavemaker if needed
  4. Anything else I maybe overlooking
Have a local store that has the rock, saltwater, coral, etc.

Thanks for any help.
Wm
 
Tunze makes a skimmer that fits the Biocube’s I believe. Hopefully you got the biocube with the LED top because from my experience the older style was impossible to keep under 82 degrees with the lights on. As far as heaters it’s kinda your preference because there are a lot of decent ones out there, I prefer the ehiem heaters but never had a problem with Fluval and marineland heaters. If you do get a powerhead/wave maker you gonna wanna get the smallest ones they make since it’s only a 16 gallon. Just search Biocube on eBay and you can see all the options(uv filters, refugium, lighting, media chambers). Good luck with everything
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top