Setting up JBJ artica chiller in apex

ddaddy2420

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2013
Messages
290
Reaction score
145
Location
Macon, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be an easy one but when I used the wizard to set up my chiller, the output starts up my chiller, but what about the pump I use to pump water to the chiller? It’s a separate pump sitting in the back sump of a Red Sea e-170. How do I set the temperature probe to start up both the pump and the chiller? I currently just have the pump running all the time and only the chiller starting up.
 
You can program the pump's output to check the status of the chiller output so they both run at the same time:

[Pump]
Set OFF
If Output Chiller = ON Then ON
Defer 005:00 Then OFF

When the chiller is off, the pump will be off. Once the chiller's programming turns it on based on the water temperature, the pump will also turn on. Once the chiller turns off again, the pump will continue to run for an extra 5 minutes so there's no stationary water inside the chiller that could freeze and damage the plumbing. Adjust the 5 minute delay to any value you think is sufficient for the chiller plumbing to warm up above the freezing point. (not sure how cold your chiller gets, but I've seen others report ruptured pipes from freezing)
 
So I plug the pump into the energy bar and select advanced and put in that logic??
 
I would recommend leaving the pump running. Otherwise, you have stagnant water in the chiller and plumbing loop. You will flush all that stagnant water into the system every time the chiller kicks on. Could be nasty stuff.
 
Well it looks like my chiller and pump are turning off and on about every 1.5 hrs. That seems often enough not to have stagnant water, no?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top