Shaggy's Waterbox MARINE 70.3 +Plus Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
1,101
Reaction score
1,356
Location
MT Juliet, Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going out on a limb here! I may have to get the Admin's to change the title if things take a turn for the worse! But as of now, I seem to have sign off for a Waterbox MARINE 70.3 +Plus aquarium! It will be nice to look back on this thread, to see what happened, where it goes, the trials and tribulations!

My first decision is placement and color! I would prefer it in white, but I'm a man! what do I know! She said black, so I am looking for some points of view on that. The next thing is placement, now the obvious place is where that awful cabinet is, that has been in the family for 20 years, in fact my mum gave it to me when we moved to the US. It's time for it to go, and the wife (from this point onward called Sarah) had plans to putting something there. To be honest, neither of us are big furniture people, we would just stick crap on it that would gather dust, so I think it's the ideal place, but there are a couple of other options that would appease her in regards to this entire process, I have highlighted them on the pictures below, either side of the window. There is space, even with that pillar, I would have to move it over further to the right to get the door open, but it would work.

So, this is it, hopefully, the planning phase. Let me know what you think!


DSC03482.jpg


DSC03481.jpg


DSC03483.jpg


DSC03484.jpg
 
I would place it where the hutch is instead of near the windows...can always get a draft of cold vs heat (depending on where you live and time of year) when near windows.

Color wise...I'm not sure. As you said, we're men and my wife would probably have a different opinion as well. My thought though would be that black may be too contrasting while white may actually blend in with the chair rail, wainscoting, and trim molding too much as well...I know...that probably didn't help.

Personally, I would try and match the cabinetry of the tank to the table and surrounding furniture..could always get a custom colored stand and/or canopy.
 

yes sorry where the hutch is. let me ask you where do you spend most of your time when home? I like to have my tanks in the living room where the TV and couch are. that way my tanks gets more love and i notice things that I my not if I lony look at the tank when passing.

but if that room is the only place the "boss" will let you have it I say where the hutch is .
 
I think going where the hutch is, is going to be difficult, I spoke to her again tonight, she has plans for that space. Both the table and that hutch are not going to stay, she wanted something more modern to go along that wall. So it might have to go to the left of the window, and also I think the white maybe better, she wants to lighten the colors with whatever furniture she gets.

Now in terms of heat and cold, I live in Tennessee :) so we are hot in the summer and only really get 2 months of what I would call called (compared to NJ) I don't see any issues with temps, the front of the house is covered by a porch so that window does not get direct sunlight, I would get algae more likely to grow on the right side glass though, i'd have to keep on top of that.
 
Can anyone let me know what the goto Skimmer and Return pump are for this tank ?
I just received my 70.3 yesterday. And am missing a piece for the stand. Nice lady there said she would ship it out about Monday. I am gonna be using a nyos viper 3.0. And probly something from eshopp for skimmer. I will also be using a brs mini reactor. As for lighting I want t5 instead of leds maybe a hybrid. Idk yet
 
Nice, thanks for that info! Just out of interest. From order date, how long did it take to arrive ?
 
Nice, thanks for that info! Just out of interest. From order date, how long did it take to arrive ?
I ordered mine July 3 and just got it yesterday. Was a long wait. Kind of a head ache but I think it will look nice when I get all together.
 
That is a long time . That might sway me to Redsea
I have to say it took awhile but It was very very well packed. And a part was missing but they responded pretty fast. Hopefully they send me the part within the next week. With that said. I’m still pretty happy with the overall quality. I think it was worth the wait.
 
Can anyone give some guidance around the Marine 70.2 and the Reef 70.3? They seem to have the same volume of water just a different for factor ? The Marine 70.2 is out of stock!
 
This thread has been closed at the request of the OP, and in anticipation of a new build thread which can be found here. :)

 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top