Shipped Chalice Appears to be Making a Nice Recovery

Updated photos of the two corals that looked like 5ey had a fighting chance. Not blaming the seller but this is disappointing d not hopeful looking. I have very nice sps and LPS growing in my tank and always on top of water / equipment maintenance parameters light alk phos nitrates all that jazz and these guys just look like they’re on a death bed unfortunately. I bought a chalice from another vendor a month ago it looked way better than these. I don’t have much experience with chalices in how hey recover from shipping but doesn’t seem very likely to me.

1B5CD7B3-3E58-47E0-9C15-606C9572AA45.jpeg 56F52E6A-B28C-4B31-876F-3CE0465E8A88.jpeg
They simply need time to adjust.
 
I've had the opposite experience. Everything I've ever bought from ASD has been top notch and the freebies have been turds. The last time I bought something I said to my wife ASD must have thought to themselves - what color doesn't he have? Brown! Send this man some free brown pieces to fill that void in his tank! :)
Here’s the freebie I got , I’m pretty happy with it

4784939A-23CC-461F-A9EA-401689BEF30E.jpeg
 
Check out the three pictures I posted a little earlier, they are bouncing back
They will look great in no time. Glad to see it. For me it has taken about a week for everything to puff back up. I have ordered chalice and acans from them. They come a little ticked off but quickly recover.
 
As someone who has done numerous purchases through @AquaSD I can vouch for their quality and customer service. I had one order where I thought I may have a DOA and followed their process and rather than an email I got a call back from the owner who walked me through rehabilitating the anemone I ordered. He said that if all else fails to let him know and he'd credit my next order and hook me up. Not only was he polite, helpful, and timely with his response he also followed up to see how things were going.

TBH I'm not a fan of seeing people down a vendor with a thread before they even reach out to them to find a solution, but this is just my opinion. I'm glad things have turned around in your experience though!
 
As someone who has done numerous purchases through @AquaSD I can vouch for their quality and customer service. I had one order where I thought I may have a DOA and followed their process and rather than an email I got a call back from the owner who walked me through rehabilitating the anemone I ordered. He said that if all else fails to let him know and he'd credit my next order and hook me up. Not only was he polite, helpful, and timely with his response he also followed up to see how things were going.

TBH I'm not a fan of seeing people down a vendor with a thread before they even reach out to them to find a solution, but this is just my opinion. I'm glad things have turned around in your experience though!
I wasn’t intending on downing the vendor as I specified in previous comments, It’s just a shipping issue. I have a friend that gets beautiful coral from them it was just my first time purchasing from them and honestly I’ve only bought one chalice before these ones so I’m addicted to chalices but learning that they can bounce back after shipping. I’ve been in the hobby for about 7 years and seen some corals die infront of me in a couple days and those chalices reminded me of that look so it made me feel like I was in a nightmare. The vendor has been super helpful and I plan on giving them VERY good words on my you tube channel once they color up so everyone can see how they can bounce back. This is a new experience for me with chalices which surprisingly seems to be changing for the better. If anything this post will bring them more business from all the good testimonials about them. Seeing everyone’s good experiences makes me want to continue using them. Sorry if you caught the wrong intentions on my post.
 
On a positive note the “freebie “ looks nice

D4CD8AD2-F72A-4EDE-8874-C2C7B650DEFB.jpeg
Lol. I got the same freebie 2 month ago.

They look blah under white lights but really cool under blues. Flame red outer with black inner.

Actually let me fire up the deep blues. Brb.
2FA750BA-0F00-4B60-A2C7-713DE9D449F9.jpeg
 
Lol. I got the same freebie 2 month ago.

They look blah under white lights but really cool under blues. Flame red outer with black inner.

Actually let me fire up the deep blues. Brb.
2FA750BA-0F00-4B60-A2C7-713DE9D449F9.jpeg
I wish I could change the title of this thread I’m getting crucified badly on the reef cross of hell im always getting myself in These predicaments. Crank up those blues lol
 
As per my job I am extremely judge mental and overly picky. I can make people with ocd look normal. I hold everyone and business accountable for anything that’s was done wrong or not done at all.

That being said Asd is one company I will recommend with zero issues at all. They were a pleasure to work with and the items I received were worth way more than I paid.

I ordered a pair of Duncan’s. They were not open and they wouldn’t ship them to me. I told them I was in no hurry. 2 weeks later they shipped with the freebie. I can say the one Duncan turned out to be the prettiest one I’ve ever seen. 4” wide (3 heads) right off the get. Radiant aqua blue/green color.

My gold tips and purple tips were beyond what the pictures showed also.

I know mistakes do happen. Especially with a third party involved. But this Is a solid company for sure.

Pictures don’t do them justice. Just iPhone pics.

6754920F-F95B-4BE4-8F8E-07D4CFFD0F36.jpeg
B04D456E-15CC-431E-895E-A8F32CFAD129.jpeg
2CA08651-9114-44C9-8A61-E1942D4BA6AC.jpeg
4E39A156-56BF-4C29-BBA1-E5C720A2EF37.jpeg
 
As per my job I am extremely judge mental and overly picky. I can make people with ocd look normal. I hold everyone and business accountable for anything that’s was done wrong or not done at all.

That being said Asd is one company I will recommend with zero issues at all. They were a pleasure to work with and the items I received were worth way more than I paid.

I ordered a pair of Duncan’s. They were not open and they wouldn’t ship them to me. I told them I was in no hurry. 2 weeks later they shipped with the freebie. I can say the one Duncan turned out to be the prettiest one I’ve ever seen. 4” wide (3 heads) right off the get. Radiant aqua blue/green color.

My gold tips and purple tips were beyond what the pictures showed also.

I know mistakes do happen. Especially with a third party involved. But this Is a solid company for sure.

Pictures don’t do them justice. Just iPhone pics.

6754920F-F95B-4BE4-8F8E-07D4CFFD0F36.jpeg
B04D456E-15CC-431E-895E-A8F32CFAD129.jpeg
2CA08651-9114-44C9-8A61-E1942D4BA6AC.jpeg
4E39A156-56BF-4C29-BBA1-E5C720A2EF37.jpeg
Wow those are beautiful
 
Check this out, one of them is certainly comming back before my eyes the statement you made seems to be 100% accurate. Pictures for you guys and girls.

94D65707-790A-4DCA-B844-90AEBD791A00.jpeg 852B06A5-3156-4E42-8402-3CAA49D234C0.jpeg 072D7F7D-A368-4240-A830-60564B0EDBD9.jpeg A1CB5095-9FFA-4CDC-9FF0-1716477A306A.jpeg 32B88F64-D468-4BA7-AE80-233608A5BB12.jpeg
It’s not a goner yet!! How far away is your UPS pick up? Mine is about 15 min away and when the order ships I call UPS and have them hold it and I get down there at 8:30am and pick it up. That will greatly increase your chances of a undamaged coral. The hardest part is getting out of work those hour or two to go pick it up. I have to get creative on my excuses. I have gotten 10+ corals from them and unless it’s Jan or February I have had no fatalities.
 
I don't think I got the wrong idea @FugeTown basically because you decided to vent rather than contact the vendor. That's all I was getting at. Not trying to harp on anything here, but I'd hate for someone to stumble upon a thread like this during the infancy of it's responses while say someone was looking to place an order and then backed out due to thinking they just read a new bad review.

TLDR; Everyone should contact a vendor first when there is an issue before posting a thread saying bad things about a company.
 
Last edited:
I don't think I got the wrong idea @FugeTown basically because you decided to vent rather than contact the vendor. That's all I was getting at. Not trying to harp on anything here, but I'd hate for someone to stumble upon a thread like this during the infancy of it's responses while say someone was looking to place an order and then backed out due to thinking they just read a new bad review.

TLDR; Everyone should contact a vendor first when there is an issue before posting a thread saying bad things about a company.
Look buddy I don’t know you but chill ok your starting to get a little hostile disrespectful to my opinion I don’t appreciate it.
 
I don't think I got the wrong idea @FugeTown basically because you decided to vent rather than contact the vendor. That's all I was getting at. Not trying to harp on anything here, but I'd hate for someone to stumble upon a thread like this during the infancy of it's responses while say someone was looking to place an order and then backed out due to thinking they just read a new bad review.

TLDR; Everyone should contact a vendor first when there is an issue before posting a thread saying bad things about a company.
Look buddy I don’t know you but chill ok your starting to get a little hostile disrespectful to my opinion I don’t appreciate it.
I would tend to agree with @FugeTown . All he did was post about what everyone thought of the chalice he just recieved. Regardless of whether he contacted the vendor or not, he asked everyone opinion on this peticular coral. I see nothing wrong with that regradless of where said coral was purchased. He never blasted the vendor, only that he was disappointed in what was shipped to him. And you as a long time user of this forum(2011 you signed up) should know that this kind of behavior isn't tolerated on these boards. We are here to help each other, not tear each other apart(thats what FB is for).

Listen everyone comes to the internet to vent when there is an issue. No one ever comes on the internet to praise someone/something when everything works out right, yes it does happen, but venting out an issue happens 100 times more.
 
Got it today , can’t believe how much tissue fell off the skeletal looks sad
They are very helpful and due there best to send quality product. They do have a 2 hr doa policy so if that’s how it arrives you would have been covered. Now it’s way to late
 
Glad they turned around.

I wish I could change the title of this thread I’m getting crucified badly on the reef cross of hell im always getting myself in These predicaments. Crank up those blues lol

FYI You can change your thread title. Just above your first post on the right there should be a option. Can’t remember exactly. Change it to end with happy conclusion or something like that.

Edit, I should put only change if you want to
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top