Shipping delayed a day, carpenter wrasse and YCG

  • Thread starter Thread starter Krully
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Krully

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
284
Reaction score
308
Location
France
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I know now isn’t the best time to order here in France but I did order 2 weeks ago without issue and now that a Carpenter wrasse was back in stock I had to pull the trigger, the seller said they had no issue usually with next day delivery etc... There’s also a yellow clown goby.

now of course things aren’t that easy and I woke up this morning to an email saying it was delayed 24hours. I called the seller and he told me they packed things accounting for the delay with triple oxygen and the temperature should be okay but I forgot to ask how to do it when I get the fish.
Is a 48 hours shipping long enough I should just dump the fish in tank after a temp acclimatation? Or should I still try to acclimate it normally (I’m afraid with ammonia levels being too high)?

there’s also a torch coral, do I go for a temp acclimatation too?
 
Krully, how did the purchase go? Did temperature acclimate and dump work for you? The more I check into it, mail order fish should be temperature acclimated with salt levels similar to or lower than shipping water. Then netted out or poured into a colander and placed in quarantine.
Take care....
 
Krully, never checked into it where do most people in Europe purchase their Reef Fish? Just curious if there are large mail-order type businesses similar to those here in the US.
 
I think it’s more on a country basis than European. I know there are a few international sellers such as masterfisch for UK/France/Belgium/Switzerland and a few reputable sellers in Germany that sell in all Europe.

We mostly buy on our country’s sellers which for France would be recifathome.fr, marinelife.fr or poisson-or, there are more but these are the major ones here. Selection is a bit scarce at the moment while quarantine is coming to an end although it was never as big and easy to find what you want as the USA.
 
:) Thanks for your insight! Just wondering how it was working there, I appreciate getting back to me.
Take care,
 
Hey @Krully just saw this thread - I will be moving to Paris this summer from San Francisco (I’m married to a French man) - it makes me glad to see someone on r2r whose in France! I hope to get a reef tank going there after I settle in (May take a year or more though :(). Where in France are you?
 
Hey that’s great! Don’t hesitate to message me if you need anything.
I’m not that far from Paris as I live near Tours! You’ll have plenty of choice if you’re in Paris there are many LFS and you can check the retailers I listed above.
You can also check “annonces récifales” which is a website for people to sell fish/corals and reef related stuff, there aren’t many people outside of Paris but the Paris and nearby region as a nice selection of people selling corals and fish at a decent price!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top