Shop vacs are a reefers friend!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
49,253
Reaction score
98,071
Seller Rating
4 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In what ways have you ever used a shop vac for reefing?

Here is my list:

Removing detritus from the sump
Removing water from overflows to access stuck fish
Removing water from overflows to be able to adjust bulkheads
Removing water from sumps
Removing spillage from floors and stands
Removing sand from tanks that you are tearing down

What am I missing?

Also do you suggest a shop vac for someone who doesn't own one?
1715100822000.png
 
I think ShopVacs are underrated, especially when it comes to dealing with sumps that are hard to siphon from.

I would love to see if anyone has a clever way of attaching a long acrylic tube to the end of their ShopVac hose.
 
I would love to see if anyone has a clever way of attaching a long acrylic tube to the end of their ShopVac hose.
Yep. These right here work well depending on the size of the tube you intend to use.
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep. These right here work well depending on the size of the tube you intend to use.

Perfect! Now to just "plumb" a piece of 1" PVC to the end of it? This definitely gets me most of the way there - thanks.
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Shop vac has come in handy on multiple occasions for me. Best way to drain the sump for maintenence or replacement when you don't have a pump available.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top