Should I be worried about how coral warfare?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tp5056
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

tp5056

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2017
Messages
146
Reaction score
201
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should I consider re-locating this softie or will my SPS be ok?

0e9aeac965bc99e8e7da53c46a46aed5.jpg
 
I dont think you will have issues in the meantime. You can leave the softie where it is atm. These kinds dont drop arms like kenya tree corals.
 
Do not let them touch and they should be fine. They might even be fine if they do touch... but keep an eye on them.
 
I would just remove that softy from the tank altogether. It will quickly start to take the area over and you will be posting about how to remove it. I had some pulsing xenia completely take over a large rock in my old 55g, very simliar to what you have. Never again will a softy like xenia or kenya be in one of my reefs.
 
I was just thinking about this, can a leather coral co-exist with SPS, I heard so many say it can with charcoal and a lot also says no also, due to the mucus it excretes
 
I was just thinking about this, can a leather coral co-exist with SPS, I heard so many say it can with charcoal and a lot also says no also, due to the mucus it excretes

I do with no problems:

527092AB-4AF7-49A7-9D63-C62F74E9664A.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top