Should I dose my nano 10 fusion???

Mele__Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
372
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'm running a IM FUSION 10 gal. All my parameters are pretty stable after using Red Sea coral pro salt. I have soft coral but I just recently added a montipora, brain, screaming birds nest and a chalice. Should I start dosing my tank. And what do you guys recommend for this size tank, as there are so many products out there.

Thanks!
 
This can be a hard question. First, some background. How often do you do water changes on it? What percentage? If you're doing pretty frequent water changes with a good salt mix that replenish what they're consuming then no you don't need to dose for things like Calcium, dkh and magnesium. So test often and see if they start taking it up fast enough that you need to dose it back in. Did that make sense? It's early.
In short, it's not should you dose, it's do you need to dose.
 
@AcroNem good point. I do 20% weekly WC with Red Sea Coral Pro salt. And I top off with premixed kalkwasser. Tank has been up for 3 months now and things have been stable. I'm testing DKH/MAG/CAL with the Red Sea Test kit. I just added the new coral this week so I'll keep a close eye and test more frequently. But since they absorb calcium I think my levels will drop a bit. If it does can you recommend a good product to dose? I was looking into Kent and Seachem.
 
It could start dropping, dosing kalk and doing a weekly 20% WC should keep it fairly stable. How big are the pieces you just added? When they're bigger you'll no doubt need to add something more. I like dry supplements that I can mix, seachem calcium is an inexpensive one you can use. Kent dkh buffer I dose every morning (yes I still dose everything by hand) if you want to buy more bulk reef supply has all the same ingredients cheaper.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top