Should I keep this little patch of hair algae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter msavoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

msavoy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2020
Messages
259
Reaction score
120
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this one little contained patch of what seems to be hair algae growing on my rocks. It’s not hurting anything and I’m wondering if I should let it keep growing to help keep nutrients down in my tank and prevent other algae from forming?

A57E63A4-25BB-4067-9040-673E904004C8.jpeg
 
I doubt it stays contained. I'd pull it out if it were me.
 
.
look up GIF by Dumbfoundead

This 4000%. GHA doesn't behave and just stay put in a DT.
If its going to keep nutrients down, then it will have to grow and spread
 
.
look up GIF by Dumbfoundead

This 4000%. GHA doesn't behave and just stay put in a DT.
If its going to keep nutrients down, then it will have to grow and spread
Ok sounds good, I wasn’t sure either way but this makes sense. I’ll pull it up. Thanks for the info.
 
Ok sounds good, I wasn’t sure either way but this makes sense. I’ll pull it up. Thanks for the info.
I made the mistake of not taking care of it when it was small... Now I'm in week 3 of a fluconazole dose to try to get rid of it...
 
I made the mistake of not taking care of it when it was small... Now I'm in week 3 of a fluconazole dose to try to get rid of it...
Ok yeah I definitely don’t want to have to go through that. Thanks for the info.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top