Show Me Your Aquarium! Need Visual Guidance & Help Selecting Size

Thanks for your contribution to my endeavor! Your aquarium is quite cool and proves you can have an amazing, vibrant reef without a “smaller” tank. The great variation of see life makes this so cool! You were quite innovative (actually no pun intended) in how you developed your setup.
How are you using the inout overflow and return shown in your post? Is this an AIO IM aquarium?
Not an AIO. This is one of the last 30s that IM made without. My friend who owned a store for decades had it in her warehouse. I have a sump. Thanks for the kind words. Good luck
 
I’m noticing two common themes in the contributions above. One, Innovative Marine is commonly mentioned, and two, reinforcement of my experience which is the importance of front-to-back aquarium viewing depth if you can swing it.
 
180 gallon tank 105cmx85cmx85cm
Reason for this this size ... i can't go bigger , no more space :)
An other reason is the bigger it gets the more the hobby is starting to look like a job .
With this size i'm happy doing a 2-3 hours work on it in a week....
inbound3385145911641511452.jpg
 
180 gallon tank 105cmx85cmx85cm
Reason for this this size ... i can't go bigger , no more space :)
An other reason is the bigger it gets the more the hobby is starting to look like a job .
With this size i'm happy doing a 2-3 hours work on it in a week....
inbound3385145911641511452.jpg
I really like the height you have and you can see how much the depth adds to your scape which is nicely done.
Are you able to comfortably work in the aquarium with the depth you have?
Thanks for sharing!
 
I really like the height you have and you can see how much the depth adds to your scape which is nicely done.
Are you able to comfortably work in the aquarium with the depth you have?
Thanks for sharing!
Giftet with long arms ... but wet armpits always with work on the bottom ;)
 
Thanks! The ProStar is one I’ve been considering
Overall happy with it, minor gripes that drains are two level stand pipes vs a herbie or bean animal. Noisy by today’s standards (15 years ago would have been awesome) and does not have good surface skimming. Ss far as I can tell drains cannot be adjusted without a saw or drill
 
Overall happy with it, minor gripes that drains are two level stand pipes vs a herbie or bean animal. Noisy by today’s standards (15 years ago would have been awesome) and does not have good surface skimming. Ss far as I can tell drains cannot be adjusted without a saw or drill
I appreciate hearing your experience
 
ProStar 150 IMG_6470.jpeg IMG_6469.jpeg
Hi does it come with the plastic spiral to help suppress overflow drain noises? or is it just an open unobstructed open drain? By the way what is the size of the drain pipes 1 inch or 1.5 inches?
Thanks, I'm considering the prostar simply because the entire tank is fully supported on a aluminum frame without the front panel floating.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top