Show off your Rock Flower Anemone(s)!!!

IMG_20240109_155528_HDR.jpg
 
Here’s an update of mine. I posted here 3 years ago and since then I moved all my flowers to a fish bowl. The bowl has been up for basically 3 years and it’s the easiest thing ever to take care of
IMG_3473.jpeg
IMG_3472.png
 
Here’s an update of mine. I posted here 3 years ago and since then I moved all my flowers to a fish bowl. The bowl has been up for basically 3 years and it’s the easiest thing ever to take care of
IMG_3473.jpeg
IMG_3472.png
You have any shrimp/fish in there?

If not I’d suggest some sexy shrimp!!!
 
You have any shrimp/fish in there?

If not I’d suggest some sexy shrimp!!!
sexy shrimp would be so cool but I have bad luck with invertebrates for some reason. I’ve tried a couple anemone shrimp and later a porcelain crab but they all disappeared. So just anemones for now
 
I've been tempted to try a couple RFAs but too much of a wimp:
I always picture my skunk cleaner shrimp or tailspot blenny being devoured.

I know they're not typically aggressive like other anemones but, still, can't get passed the possibility. (Need to do more research)
 
I've been tempted to try a couple RFAs but too much of a wimp:
I always picture my skunk cleaner shrimp or tailspot blenny being devoured.

I know they're not typically aggressive like other anemones but, still, can't get passed the possibility. (Need to do more research)

You really should get some RFAs, and the more the merrier. They are nonaggressive, and have a very weak sting on top of that. The only damage I’ve seen a rock flower do is if it moves to a spot that agitates another coral. For example, I had one that moved and tried to attach its foot to the base of a scoly, and the scoly was very upset for a little while but uninjured.

In the decades I’ve had them, I’ve never once seen them injure a fish for live shrimp in any way. And even my beloved pink streaks and possum wrasses (or my tailspot, skunk cleaners, blood shrimp) are not at risk whatsoever. The only thing you’d likely see is a rock flower eating a shrimp molt :)
 
Here’s an update of mine. I posted here 3 years ago and since then I moved all my flowers to a fish bowl. The bowl has been up for basically 3 years and it’s the easiest thing ever to take care of
IMG_3473.jpeg
IMG_3472.png

I love this, such a neat setup. I’m curious about the lighting you have sitting on top. What type is that?
 
Here’s an update of mine. I posted here 3 years ago and since then I moved all my flowers to a fish bowl. The bowl has been up for basically 3 years and it’s the easiest thing ever to take care of
IMG_3473.jpeg
IMG_3472.png
This is so cool!
 
While I’m sure it didn’t hunt the snail down I do think the snail was still alive and fell/wondered into my rock flower and it did eat it!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9514.jpeg
    IMG_9514.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 20
Rock Flower nems are like the zoas of the Anemone world because of the many different colors they come in. Show off your favorite rock flower anemone or the whole garden!
I have a post on the general discussion about why mine look so different. Mebbe I should have come here first!
Screenshot_20240626-150837.png

The green guy is my oldest. The yellow, my newest. (The question in the other post is why is he so puffy and the others so normal?)

Screenshot_20240626-150905.png


The green and red guy appeared in the crevice where he still is when I inherited the tank, after the rock had sit in a bucket long enough that I thought everything was dead. He was about the size of a dime, but he lived!! So now, he is getting friends!
 
Here’s an update of mine. I posted here 3 years ago and since then I moved all my flowers to a fish bowl. The bowl has been up for basically 3 years and it’s the easiest thing ever to take care of
IMG_3473.jpeg
IMG_3472.png
This is awesome!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top