Sicce 10 HP loudest pump in history?

Coelacanthiformes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, long story short. I have this 100 gallon system plumbed in the basement. I was using a Reeflo Swordtail. Did a great job until there was a power outage and when it came back on the shaft got bent (no evidence on anything getting stuck in the impeller what the heck), which "broke" the seal on the shaft and dumped about 40 gallons onto the floor before it ran out of water. So I decided, no more external pumps. I hooked up a Sicce 10 HP pump and plumbed it internally. I've used the 3, 4, and 5 model pumps and they're nice and quiet. This 10 pump sounds like a freaking jet engine! The rubber feet are on the pump, and even if I hold it up mid-water it makes zero difference in the terrible loud hum this is producing. Even the floor upstairs is vibrating. This pump is plumbed the same way as the Reeflo was (albeit slightly modified for internal rather than external), and the Reeflo was not audible upstairs at all.
 
Last edited:
Don't turn your speakers up too high, you'll deafen yourself! Haha
 

Attachments

  • 20191121_105442.mp4
    63 MB
I have never used one, but large Mag Drive and Laguna pumps can be heard too.. they get even worse if they get a grain of sand in there and the impeller gets noisy. This is no small ask to get a submersible pump to go up a story... this is why external pumps were made, which you know. :) I know that you had a problem with ReeFlow, but Iwaki, PanWorld and AmpMaster make good and reliable pumps for this job... decade long kind of reliability.

Sometimes a soft section between the rigid can help.
 
@jda The annoying part is the Sicce costs quite a bit more than the Reeflo! That 40 gallons of water did a fair bit of damage, and I'd have to spend some money adjusting things so that couldn't happen again. It seems silly to replace a pump with the same pump that just burned me! Haha! I was trying to remove wet floor possibilities, but now I think the house might fall down because the Sicce is going to loosen all the nails in the framing! Ha!
 
Iwaki, PanWorld and Dolphin are on a different level then ReeFlo. I will never use a ReeFlo again and they are kinda local to me and that makes me sad...never had one last more than 2 years whether it be bearings, motor, seals or even a fire. They say that all of these are wear items, but my AmpMasters or Iwakis never needed anything.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top