Signs of heater going up

StPatrick89

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
743
Reaction score
307
Location
Perry Hall
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 300W Orlusky heater. Only had it for a month. The numbers have turned a brown color and the bottom where the heater comes on is turning brown also. It’s this normal. Id expect that of an aged heater. Y’all thoughts...
 
My thoughts on heaters is to have multiple 100w ones over a single high-wattage one.

If one of my multiple heaters gets STUCK ON, it won't cook the tank. I'll just see a mild increase in temp.

So, IMO, I'd get rid of the 300w flamethrower and replace with multiple 100w ones.

Plus multiple ones placed in different spots distributes heat more evenly.


.
 
Sounds like you need a new heater. Suggest you follow @zoa what advise and look into redundant smaller heaters. Also should probably invest in a higher quality heater. Check out Bulk Reef Supply heater videos on YouTube.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top