Silk Flower Tree Coral questions (Umbellulifera sp.)

Northwest_Scapes_

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,301
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking for something more colorful to add to my NPS section compared to my gorgs, I've been seeing a lot of the Silk Flower Tree Corals pop up on Diver's Den which I'm kind of interested in but I have a couple questions:

-What's your feeding schedule like? I have Live BBS, PhytoFeast, and soon OysterFeast. I've heard mixed results from once every few days to multiple times a day, what's your success?
-How would I frag them? (Just in case they get out of control)
 
So I'm looking for something more colorful to add to my NPS section compared to my gorgs, I've been seeing a lot of the Silk Flower Tree Corals pop up on Diver's Den which I'm kind of interested in but I have a couple questions:

-What's your feeding schedule like? I have Live BBS, PhytoFeast, and soon OysterFeast. I've heard mixed results from once every few days to multiple times a day, what's your success?
-How would I frag them? (Just in case they get out of control)
You rang....
 
So I'm looking for something more colorful to add to my NPS section compared to my gorgs, I've been seeing a lot of the Silk Flower Tree Corals pop up on Diver's Den which I'm kind of interested in but I have a couple questions:

-What's your feeding schedule like? I have Live BBS, PhytoFeast, and soon OysterFeast. I've heard mixed results from once every few days to multiple times a day, what's your success?
-How would I frag them? (Just in case they get out of control)
Like this
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210309_145721413.jpg
    IMG_20210309_145721413.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 59
I notice you mentioned gorgs. If photosynthetic, then they will be sensitive to high PO4, If gorgs nps, most won't mind high PO4. Again if you have photosynthetic Corals in there with NPS, then spot feeding the best. Feed Coral Curry or similar, but mix energy AB+ with powder food before feeding. Feed as often as you can, especially when they are open. Keep us all posted on progress.

IMG_20210309_152012050_MP.jpg
 
I notice you mentioned gorgs. If photosynthetic, then they will be sensitive to high PO4, If gorgs nps, most won't mind high PO4. Again if you have photosynthetic Corals in there with NPS, then spot feeding the best. Feed Coral Curry or similar, but mix energy AB+ with powder food before feeding. Feed as often as you can, especially when they are open. Keep us all posted on progress.

IMG_20210309_152012050_MP.jpg
Thank you Dr.! More info the gorgs, they are NPS and the Setup is a Macro Algae / NPS style mix, and I will keep this advice in mind
 
Thank you Dr.! More info the gorgs, they are NPS and the Setup is a Macro Algae / NPS style mix, and I will keep this advice in mind
If 100 nps, broadcast feed and still spot feed especially dendronephthya, scleronephthya, blueberry gorgs. All else no spot feed.
 

Attachments

  • images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 57

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top