Skimmer for a 40 breeder with 10g sump

jonny4ever

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Messages
163
Reaction score
39
Location
miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like small skimmers honestly no need for a big one, I currently run a 9001 tunze but I don’t have a sump installed. Just hob gear, sump parts will be getting to me this week.

Was looking at a bubble magus curve 3, I can’t have my water level too high on that sump with my 40 breeder. I’m think 7-8 inches is the max

I will probably get a 75-90g tank within the year so I also want one that could work for a 75g with a medium-light bioload. The bubble magus curve 3 seems good but is there other options with a similar foot print or smaller?
 
Hi jonny4ever,

The skimmer that I use for my similarly sized setup and always recommend due to how quiet, easy, and efficient it is is the Reef Octopus Classic 150SSS 6" Internal Space Saving Protein Skimmer. The skimmer costs $323.39 at Bulk Reef Supply and has received great reviews. When it comes to protein skimmers, Reef Octopus is by far the best brand out there. If you are looking for something cheaper and do not intend on having a lot of fish in your tank, there is also a smaller model available called the Reef Octopus Classic 110SSS 5" Internal Space Saving Protein Skimmer, which goes for $277.19 at Bulk Reef Supply. I would suggest the 150SSS 6" option however, because it gives you the option of adding more live stock later down the line. Below I have attached a link to both models.

Drop a like if this helps!

Reef Octopus Classic 150SSS 6" Internal Space Saving Protein Skimmer: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-classic-150sss-6-internal-space-saving-skimmer.html

Reef Octopus Classic 110SSS 5" Internal Space Saving Protein Skimmer:https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef...-5-internal-space-saving-protein-skimmer.html
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top