Skimmer Neck and Body Dirty with Pics

CoralReefer1019

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2017
Messages
580
Reaction score
198
Location
Tampa,FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running SCA 302 Skimmer with a new pump I run it on number 3 and the upper part of the cone and neck of skimmer get dirty really fast. Which decreases skimmer efficiency. Any suggestions?

870634072b23c8f11aa2f4c691bbb3fa.jpg

12a1fcc65395c41402e8eee6b16f040b.jpg
 
Clean it. I clean mine every 2 to 3 days. I keep thinking about that funky smell and that drives me to clean it! Poor fish shouldn't have to put up with the smell.
 
Clean it. I clean mine every 2 to 3 days. I keep thinking about that funky smell and that drives me to clean it! Poor fish shouldn't have to put up with the smell.
they dont, the concentrated stuff that produces the smell in contained in the skimmer :D

everytime i clean my skimmer cup i cant help but think of all the happy beach goers playing in the waves and foam.
 
That's gross. What's in the neck of your skimmer is the same as what's in your skimmer cup but heavier and chunkier. Ew.
 
Turn up your skimmer the bubbles are popping to early and making the neck dirty I just had this problem and now the neck isn’t dirty only the cup part I also opened the air all the way
 
Your skimmer has a knob that determines how much water comes out and doesn’t push up toward the cup. Increase the amount of water that’s going to the neck is what j mean by turn it up
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top