Small ATO pump with 1/4 Push connect RO/DI style line

Dondante

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
549
Reaction score
264
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a really small pump that can accept 1/4 Puch lock RO/DI line. Any suggestions. I cant seem to come up wit one. Thanks
 
I'd love to see if such a thing exists.

We ended up using an old AC return pump (cheap ~$20) and using PVC fittings to reduce / convert 1/2" PVC to 1/4" push lock RO/DI line. It was all available at Home Depot (aside from the pump of course). We even put a T in the line so that it "stirs" the water while running... there's plenty of output to max out the 1/4" line and turn the water over a few times in the ATO reservoir each time it kicks on.

FWIW- we use an autotopoff.com switch to control it.
 
You can by barb to push connect adapters for most soft tubing and just get a Tunze ATO pump or the like, run soft tubing off the pump then use the adapter to switch
Screenshot_20181207-155026.jpg
Screenshot_20181207-154913.jpg
 
IcI' seen a 3/8 to 1/4OD connector. I think the Apex ATO unit comes with one.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will report back with what I find
 
I looked at those. At the moment my ATO resevores is above the sump. So I'm not sure that will work. I'm currently using a solenoid valve and gravity.

I'll be moving my res soon .so I'll need a pump but still need to use 1/4 ID
 
I looked at those. At the moment my ATO resevores is above the sump. So I'm not sure that will work. I'm currently using a solenoid valve and gravity.

I'll be moving my res soon .so I'll need a pump but still need to use 1/4 ID

My reservoir is taller than my sump, but not by a lot. I use an Avast marine ATO with the back up float valve. The output of the pump goes through the float valve so if it tried to siphon feed(not likely with this type of pump) the float valve should stop it.
 
I also use a float for a backup to the optical sensor. I didn't think about that .

That lift pump is cheap and might be the trick .
 
Here's a pic of 1/2" PVC reducing to 1/4" water line.

770Wi3hRQoONBM3egxgHdA.jpg
Is that just a lock style bulkhead fitting screwdriver into a 1/2 pvc fitting? That's a great idea .
 
Is that just a lock style bulkhead fitting screwdriver into a 1/2 pvc fitting? That's a great idea .

I'm sorry I don't remember. I went Home Depot and put it together. It's worked flawlessly for over a year now. The reservoir has never been cleaned out. I guess the RO/DI with the intermittent turnover stays clean.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top