It's been a while since updating this thread...life kinda showed up and the tank went on the back-burner. I was pretty close to selling it or just breaking it down but it would have been such a PITA to move it, plus I've been in the hobby long enough to know that I would regret it and wouldn't be able to go long without a tank.
I was fighting GHA and dino's for a while. I was using Algaefix by API and it was doing a number on the GHA without any adverse reaction on the rest of the tank. If I ever encounter GHA again, there's no question how I'll go about dealing with it. The dinos were another story. I tried H2O2 and a reduced lighting schedule with no results. They started choking-out the 20 sps frags I got. Around this time the anthias started dropping off one at a time in QT. I turned off the lights for a few weeks and contemplated a break from the hobby.
A couple weeks ago I decided to turn the lights back on and see what was going on in the tank. Surprisingly, even after 2-3 weeks of no lights, some of the SPS still had life to them. A few frags were a long-shot, but some were actually in pretty decent shape, considering. After a week or so of a normal lighting schedule the dino's had not returned so I figured it was time to make some progress. I did a water change and some other maintenance, placed the remaining frags in the rockwork and took the frag rack out of the tank.
Yesterday I picked up a flame angel, midas blenny, and firefish...they are in QT working their way to hypo now. I also picked up 4 sps frags and a zoa frag, and a brittle star. Since all of my macro died during the lights-out I also got a small ball of chaeto. It's nice to have the a renewed interest in the tank. I'm going to focus on getting inverts while these fish are in hypo. I'm thinkin the next round of fish will include a PBT, mandarin, and clown goby. While that round of fish is in hypo I want to upgrade the lighting on the BioCube QT, that way if something should happen to the DT that requires a lights-out period again, I can save the corals.