Smallest Footpring DC Protein Skimmer for sub-75 Gallon

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2015
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
2,118
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations as to the smallest footprint protein skimmer running a DC pump? Total water volume is 68 gallons…BUT…I don’t even want a super powerful skimmer because I’ll also be running a Reefmat 500 and have limited sump space. So really DC pump and small footprint are my main criteria. Appreciate any suggestions!
 
If it has to be DC then probably a Tunze 9004 DC. 4.3"x3.5" footprint and rated for 20-60 gallons.
 
Tunze 9012 DC is 5.5x4.3
Definitely on my list to consider. Would like to consider some non-tunze options as well that might be easier to take apart and clean, and change pumps should they go out, but unfortunately I think that brings me back to looking at larger units.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top