Snowflake ele yes or no n my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vwtbug
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Vwtbug

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio Columbus
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a9yquju9.jpg
. I have a 150 gal tall my rock is all hand scape no glue.i have never had rock move sand bed is 2to3inch deep I have a tang 2clowns 3 chromis1anthis fox face 2cleaner shrimp 1fire shrimp n clean up crew I really like the snowflake ele just don't want to put him n and have problems.? Thanks
 
eels are really cool but they can be escape artist. You have to have a tight fitting screen or cover on top of tank or they will often find their way out. Also they can get sucked into intakes and powerheads. Make sure before buying that eel is eating. They have bad eyesight and often have to be hand fed. I had one that would come to my hand and take food.
 
I have heard of snowflakes eating small fish and taking bites out of the ones they cannot fit in their mouth.

Eels are very messy, and have a lot of bioload. And they will knock lots of things over.

That being said, a zebra moray is what I would go for. It is a very docile eel. Just make sure you know how to take care of it before getting it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top