So how do yall keep your nitrates at you desired #?

FreeEnergyReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
337
Reaction score
155
Location
Inwood,WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to keep my nitrates at 15 but I cant help but watch them fluctuate if they get too high I always end up taking too much out n waiting for them to climb again.
 
Tons of surface area (marine pure) and a carbon dose.(Nopox)
2C1AFC35-054C-4F69-B469-F6E6D8FC0808.jpeg
 
I've been trying to keep my nitrates at 15 but I cant help but watch them fluctuate if they get too high I always end up taking too much out n waiting for them to climb again.
What is your water change schedule? And percentage/gallons changed?

What are you using, if anything, for added nutrient removal?
 
Big fuge and tune the light time to maintain. Mine still bounce between 2 and 6 ppm though.
 
Following as I have a zero nitrate problem and having difficulty raising them even if I feed like 5 -6 cubes a day.
 
Should be very hard to get a true zero unless using a well lighted fuge with macro.

I had to pull the light and the macro algae offline, as it was just way to good at sucking up the nutrients.

Now I have N 2-5ppm and phosphate 0.02-0.05ppm.
 
I have a heavily populated reef with alot of fish thus I have a large bioload. Along with the sand and tons of live rock I also have to dose 10 to 20ml of nopox per day to keep it in check which after fine tuning the nopox dose it all keeps it between 5 and 15 ppm. At those levels all corals and fish seem happy. Concentrate on fine tuning your daily nopox dose and once you have that dialed in you can keep it where you want it to be on a regular and stable level.
20201201_173755.jpg
 
how do you manage to keep all those triggerfish in their??
 
Thanks ppl, I've got it under control just not as steady as everything else yet. Guess I'll open the fuge back up,was just hoping to hear an array of different methods. Have a good night
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top