Something broke the tips off my oregon tort frag

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
1,076
Reaction score
2,029
Location
St. Louis, MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something has broken the tips off my brand new oregon tort frag overnight. Have had it only a few days. What could have done this? I have a coral beauty, but never seen her nip at corals. And wouldn't she just bite the flesh off, not actually break the skeleton? Could urchins, snails, or crabs do this? Other fish are 2 clowns, leopard wrasse, yellow coris wrasse, melanaurus wrasse, red-head fairy wrasse, and 2 anthias. I'm pretty sure my tank is cursed. :(

2019-09-10.jpg
 
Bummer. I just picked up a frag about that size myself this weekend. Hopefully it can recover. If you have a red flashlight or UV light, perhaps you can investigate after the lights go out to see if anything is going after it at night when you are not looking. But my money is on the Coral Beauty.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top