Something fishy in here.......Anthias and Tangs, Oh my!!

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
2,029
Reaction score
3,069
Location
Chelsea, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on trying to improve my fish pic skills. So far all I've figured out is low aperture, fast shutter. Need to keep playing. Put up the Macro and using the standard 18-135mm kit lens. All fish courtesy of @Marine Collectors , thanks Elliott!!

Blonde by Peter Young, on Flickr

Bimacguy by Peter Young, on Flickr

Bimacgal by Peter Young, on Flickr

Bimacgal-2 by Peter Young, on Flickr

blondenasoflex by Peter Young, on Flickr

OK, Full disclosure, I'm sort of obsessed with this Borbonius. He's my new guy, about a month in the tank now and he's all that and a bag of chips......

borb by Peter Young, on Flickr

Bimac by Peter Young, on Flickr

Bimac-2 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Borbonius-4 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Borbonius by Peter Young, on Flickr

Borbonius-2 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Borbonius-3 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Hope something caught your eye, maybe got a smile ;)

P
 
That Borboniusis an amazing fish !!! I have never seen one of those until now, and if it wasn't for the price point, I would consider getting one.
Nice photography skills too ! I am still working on the 'sit' and 'stay' commands with my fish.... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Thanks a lot man... already knew my picture skills sucked... but now I REALLY KNOW!

Just kidding -- nice work.

*At some point I'll have to try to do more than just grab a clip with filter on iPhone, point in general direction of tank, and start randomly pushing the screen,,, but for now,,, too lazy
 
Looking good!! I need to have a go at improving my skills too. Any tips?
Tips for pics
1- tripod!! Always tripod
2- turn down the flow
3- take a TON of pics, something will work
4- check out the sticky’s in this photography forum, lots of good info here

tips for Anthias
1- I’m no pro, but I get my fish from one. Starting with healthy, quarantined fish that are eating prepared foods is key. I use Elliott at @Marine Collectors
2- the Plank autofeeder from @AVAST Marine is a game changer
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top