Something small with a foot growing on my scoly

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
11,693
Reaction score
40,105
Location
Orange County, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ask me how it caught my eye. Basically the size of a ball-point pen's ball.
1706896647503.jpeg


That is the skeleton of my button scoly. See below clown providing point of reference for scale:
1706896732462.jpeg

1706896849531.jpeg


The tank has had a few Aiptasia in the past, but fewer than 10, for sure, and I've dealt with them with extreme prejudice. Could this be an Aip rearing it's ugly head after a long waiting game? Or could this possibly be a newborn RFA that I've been waiting for, for so long? Or something else?

Thanks!
 
very difficult to guess what it could be at that size. i do agree it could be a small aiptasia growing. but it can definitely also be a RFA(although i don't see any coloration of it to be confident in that guess)
 
very difficult to guess what it could be at that size. i do agree it could be a small aiptasia growing. but it can definitely also be a RFA(although i don't see any coloration of it to be confident in that guess)
It walked around to the other side of the scoly, so now I'm having a hard time seeing it. There are 7 RFAs in the tank, one which arrived 2 weeks ago. Never seen babies before now. I'll try to keep an eye on it if I can!
 
It walked around to the other side of the scoly, so now I'm having a hard time seeing it. There are 7 RFAs in the tank, one which arrived 2 weeks ago. Never seen babies before now. I'll try to keep an eye on it if I can!
keep tracking it. aiptasia don't move that fast, if at all, i believe.
 
To me it looks more BTA or RFA for sure. Those don't look like Aiptasia tentacles.

IMG_20240129_175747286.jpg


Here's my baby BTA right next to a couple baby Aiptasia.

ETA: the one in the middle between the two big BTAs.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top