Somethings growing on my rock

John Hathaway

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what growing on my rock, it’s really small, white and disappears any time a fish goes near it. I see two or three more close it it
F0EA768D-6D41-450B-9D55-55024D1A79C2.jpeg
669CD48B-F52C-4AD0-9F40-9341C20D5B4E.jpeg
 
Really hard to tell with those pics but based on the shape and the fact that they disappear when fish go near them they could be fan worms. Harmless but pretty filter feeders. Also very hardy.
 
Really hard to tell with those pics but based on the shape and the fact that they disappear when fish go near them they could be fan worms. Harmless but pretty filter feeders. Also very hardy.
Thanks, sorry about the pic quality. They’re so small and I’m using an iPhone. That syncs with what someone else has said. Would you keep or remove?
 
Thanks, sorry about the pic quality. They’re so small and I’m using an iPhone. That syncs with what someone else has said. Would you keep or remove?
Keep, they add to biodiversity and have no negative side. Certain fish like butterfly fish will eat them though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top