Sort of new to Reefing

Jmgks9987

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
36
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

So I took about a 2 year break from reefing. Prior to that I had a reef tank for around 3 years. This time around doing a 20 Gallon AIO Red Sea Tank. Going about a different approach this time with start up and cycle. I’ve added live sand and live rock from the LFS but I’m adding corals first. So far so good. I’ve added a green star and he’s already growing and I have more starter corals arriving tomorrow. Once the tank in cycled in a month or so (still keeping track of ammonia etc) I will get to adding 2 clowns and clean up crew. Not in a rush this time around. My goal is to have my hands in the tank as little as possible (still do a weekly 5 gallon water change) but other than that just enjoy it this time around instead of messing with all the dosing and things that burnt me out last go around.
IMG_0917.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Hello, welcome to R2R and back to the hobby!!:)
 
Hey Everyone,

So I took about a 2 year break from reefing. Prior to that I had a reef tank for around 3 years. This time around doing a 20 Gallon AIO Red Sea Tank. Going about a different approach this time with start up and cycle. I’ve added live sand and live rock from the LFS but I’m adding corals first. So far so good. I’ve added a green star and he’s already growing and I have more starter corals arriving tomorrow. Once the tank in cycled in a month or so (still keeping track of ammonia etc) I will get to adding 2 clowns and clean up crew. Not in a rush this time around. My goal is to have my hands in the tank as little as possible (still do a weekly 5 gallon water change) but other than that just enjoy it this time around instead of messing with all the dosing and things that burnt me out last go around.
IMG_0917.jpeg
Good luck. I just did the same thing . 20 gallon. I’m about a month in. Things are going beautiful and I am taking my time .
 
Good luck. I just did the same thing . 20 gallon. I’m about a month in. Things are going beautiful and I am taking my time .
Thanks super excited. One step at a time and trying to not rush but that's always easier said than done :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top