Spider web looking cottony mat on my live rock!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter patsha
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Was this thread helpful?

  • Not at all

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very helpful

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extremely helpful

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

patsha

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Atlanta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please help me to ID the cottony mass in the crevice between my two sponges??
I don't know if it is good or bad. The area gets little light as it is down on the underside of a rock in the crack but it wasn't always there.
If it is bad, how do I get rid of it?
052.jpg
 
I have some of the same stuff and it's never hurt my tank that I am aware of.
 
I have seen this underneath my rock too. IMO, it's a sponge. As I've redesigned my aquascape, this sponge is typically bonded to the rocks. I've never had an issue with it.

Country boy using tapatalk from Evo 4g
 
I have seen this underneath my rock too. IMO, it's a sponge. As I've redesigned my aquascape, this sponge is typically bonded to the rocks. I've never had an issue with it.

Country boy using tapatalk from Evo 4g

+1 its some type of sponge. ive seen it in orange,blue,purple,and white. Its completely harmless if anything its beneficial.
 
it's like a hard substance that is not slimy but it looks like it is. It reminds me of a almost clear milky coralline...
 
Oh wow, a guy that I work with just came by my desk and saw the picture I posted with this thread. He said "oh you have a giant sponge! I have had some of those that took up half a rock!"
I guess that is confirmation! :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top