Split 20 gallon Nuvo tank for a quarantine tank

kkircher

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2020
Messages
125
Reaction score
119
Location
Goleta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am really building my first large aquarium and researching my quarantine. I originally was going to just use a standard 20gallon tank but found this split 20 gallon. Thinking I may want to quarantine separately what is the general feeling on 10gallon tank for a quarantine? Has anyone had any experience using this guy?

 
Cool concept... but that price.

QT size depends on the size of the fish you plan to QT. My biggest tank is a 60g, and my QT is a 10g.

If I get a bigger DT, I will probably upgrade my QT to match. The bigger fish just trash a 10g too quickly to keep up with the WC, plus the lack of swimming room.
 
This tank came out last year I think and was only $220 for awhile. I almost grabbed one but went a different direction.

Edit - found the thread

 
Cool concept... but that price.

QT size depends on the size of the fish you plan to QT. My biggest tank is a 60g, and my QT is a 10g.

If I get a bigger DT, I will probably upgrade my QT to match. The bigger fish just trash a 10g too quickly to keep up with the WC, plus the lack of swimming room.
I am concerned with the size as well. My DT will be just under 200g so I have the room for larger fish just haven’t decided how large I will be starting with.
Thanks for the info. Gives me some more to think about.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top