SPS and what you keep your alk at and why

I have salifer and redsea and they both give me about the same readings. I try to stay at 9 area. but I had a jump to 10.5 and lost my red dragon acro :(
 
My goal is 7, but usually 6.5. I will never run above 7 again, even though I don't consider my tank to be low nutrients. Bad things just happen slower at low Alk levels.
 
My goal is 7, but usually 6.5. I will never run above 7 again, even though I don't consider my tank to be low nutrients. Bad things just happen slower at low Alk levels.

How's yoru growth at those numbers?

I used to run at 7, I have since bumped that up to 7.8 and it will fluctuate from 7.8-8.0 through out the day/night.
 
How's yoru growth at those numbers?

I used to run at 7, I have since bumped that up to 7.8 and it will fluctuate from 7.8-8.0 through out the day/night.
Take a look at my tank thread, markalot 150. Too fast!
 
Take a look at my tank thread, markalot 150. Too fast!

Nice, I always read that the higher the alk the faster the growth. But the color suffers, not a fan. Good to know in a stable tank lower alk doesn't have any negative effects. :)
 
Also I forgot to add I personally liked TMP used it for 4-6 years on my ULN system and a carbon dosing systen. I am currently using BW and loving it.
What's TMP meaning and BW?
 
I keep mine at 8.4 dkh. Stable is the key no matter what number you choose. I ballance ca at 420 as well. I also dose 6 times a day for even more stability. I use Red Sea Blue bucket so I don’t get a swing when I do a water change. BRS did a video about elevated levels if you want a more info. But as long as you keep stable perams, you’ll have sps scucess!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top