SPS Coverage with 48" Hybrid with 3 Hyrda 26 HD's?

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
2,315
Reaction score
4,656
Location
West Monroe, LA
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running an 8x48 ATI over my new lowboy, but the heat isn't going to work in my 100 sqft space. I already have 3 NIB Hydra 26 HD's and I'm contemplating putting them in a 48" AquaticLife T5 hybrid. Just not sure if that's enough for wall to wall SPS (48x24x10). I'm welcome to thoughts, ideas, and experiences...

@FarmerTy, you run something similar but with XR15s right? You have any insight you'd like to share? How long are you running your T5s?


Pic of current setup
(please ignore the display - recently rebooted due to poci invasion)

1582213830456.png
 
BRS has a great video on the aquatic life hybrid. The 48" with two Hydra's would probably be enough. There's no question 3 would be.

 
I'm currently running an 8x48 ATI over my new lowboy, but the heat isn't going to work in my 100 sqft space. I already have 3 NIB Hydra 26 HD's and I'm contemplating putting them in a 48" AquaticLife T5 hybrid. Just not sure if that's enough for wall to wall SPS (48x24x10). I'm welcome to thoughts, ideas, and experiences...

@FarmerTy, you run something similar but with XR15s right? You have any insight you'd like to share? How long are you running your T5s?


Pic of current setup
(please ignore the display - recently rebooted due to poci invasion)

1582213830456.png
Hey bud,

I run 3 XR15s on one low boy and they work well enough. I’m actually adding one more this week and I think that would be ideal for light loving acros. T5s run 8 hrs.
 
Hey bud,

I run 3 XR15s on one low boy and they work well enough. I’m actually adding one more this week and I think that would be ideal for light loving acros. T5s run 8 hrs.
Thanks. I’ll give it a go with 3 for now... maybe I’ll find a 4th Hydra down the road now that they’ve been replaced with the 32s.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top