Square Tail Bristletooth losts it’s spots

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,566
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tang is 6 years old. I’m assuming it’s a maturity thing or age, but I noticed he has no spots. He’s solid brown now.

can someone tell me if it’s normal for them to lose their markings as they grow older? He’s still energetic and eats, no behavior changes at all

also what’s the average lifespan for Bristletooth?

see pics

A2C68453-8FF3-4043-8557-3301E3A0540A.jpeg 238ACE5C-5DE1-4E3A-9E28-5EB2CCF8F8F5.jpeg
 
What I see is a fish with spots that suggest ich.
Treatment will be in quarantine tank using either copper power or coppersafe for a full 30 days at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 monitored with a reliable copper test kit
 
That's not ich, it looks like detritus in the water column. The spots move between photos and look at the water its self.

Colors tend to fade with some fish as they mature and age. Lifespan in bristletooth's I'm not sure on, I'd imagine they would make double digits.
 
@vetteguy53081 def not ich. The fish is smooth as a baby's butt. My post was asking about its faded/missing spots, lol. It is detritus in the water

@i cant think , @Lbrdsoxfan that would make me sad if it's reaching the end of its lifespan. So many of my fish are old and dying of old age, but I am happy to say they've lived their live healthy as possible. I've noticed quite a few changes with my older fish too.
 
@vetteguy53081 def not ich. The fish is smooth as a baby's butt. My post was asking about its faded/missing spots, lol. It is detritus in the water

@i cant think , @Lbrdsoxfan that would make me sad if it's reaching the end of its lifespan. So many of my fish are old and dying of old age, but I am happy to say they've lived their live healthy as possible. I've noticed quite a few changes with my older fish too.
My yasha goby is also a big fish I love but coming close to the end of his life so I understand how you feel. Hopefully we’re wrong though as I have also noticed changes in appearance with my C. binotatus before where it went SO much lighter than usual. And then a second time when I used the mirror trick to try get a photo of my Melanomarginatus fairy wrasse flashing but instead got the tang flashing.
36282E43-241C-4A69-8467-3CA1E915C90E.jpeg
9CB2712B-EB01-4471-8284-AD8B04B7B5A0.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top