Alright folks, a little update. The tank has been wet a month now running a full zeovit system. Cycled per their 14 day schedule. Water tests have resulted as follows for the past 3 weeks.
Ph n/a (because I've been lazy and still haven't calibrated the probe
Alk 8.6dkh
Ca 490
Mg 1470
Po3 .015
No3 25ppm
Salinity 35ppt (+/- 5) due to ato
Temp 76 (+/-1) controller variance in cycling on and off.
I've performed one rather large 30% WC due to an ato snafu last weekend, the No3 was the only value to really change and it came down to 15ppm, I was hoping that it would stay there. No such luck. Back up to 25ppm today, my thoughts are that the zeo is keeping it at this level however unable to decrease it below this threshold. My suspicion is that the rock is leaching the No3.
I have been very consistent in keeping all of the filtersocks and sponges clean.
Stocking is as follows, a number of zoas 60+ heads, a few hitchhiker mushrooms, 2 yumas, 7 Monti frags, 1 maxi mini nem, 1 acanthophyllia, 1 trachy, 1 red tux urchin, at least 20 hermits, 20 ceriths, 15 turbos, 20 nassarius, 1 psammacora, 1 maroon clown, 1 spotted mandarin (trained on pellets), 1 adorned wrasse, 1 blue spot jaw. I've been feeding everyone sparingly every other day aside from the mandarin who eats twice a day out of a shot glass a mix of foods, pellets, mysis, and formula one flake.
The only reasonable deduction I can make is that the rock must be leaching the nitrate, and for what ever reason the zeo isn't keeping up. Perhaps time is needed.