Starfish and which ones are okay to own.

MrDeathKills

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2020
Messages
133
Reaction score
67
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had verying degrees of information. Can not find a big thread on what starfish are good and “bad”.
Are there any Starfish that will actually adapt and be fine with tank life?
I would like to stay towards the super colorful range but if that is not possible its fine.
Any and all care sheets and experience you have had would be greatly appreciated!
I will have a 125gallon tank.
 
So I have had verying degrees of information. Can not find a big thread on what starfish are good and “bad”.
Are there any Starfish that will actually adapt and be fine with tank life?
I would like to stay towards the super colorful range but if that is not possible its fine.
Any and all care sheets and experience you have had would be greatly appreciated!
I will have a 125gallon tank.
There are certainly starfish that can handle tank life. Brittle stars are a great one, very fun guys.
 
I have a ton of the small brittle stars in my tank. It's really cool to see a bunch of arms coming out of the rocks when I feed the tank. Saw one that has gotten at least 2 inches in diameter which has me mildly worried, I don't need or want a predatory one.
 
I have a ton of the small brittle stars in my tank. It's really cool to see a bunch of arms coming out of the rocks when I feed the tank. Saw one that has gotten at least 2 inches in diameter which has me mildly worried, I don't need or want a predatory one.
personally I have never had any of mine that were predatory but I have heard that they can be rather sucky to deal with
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top