Starry Benny sucked into powerhead (WAV)

ShepherdTech

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2019
Messages
225
Reaction score
178
Location
North Alabama
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to turn on my WAVs Saturday night after feeding. I turned them on Sunday morning and my starry blend was evidently sleeping on one and didn’t see it. He was sucked in, but the auto stop the WAVs have kept him from getting really torn up. I thought he was a goner after I pulled him out, as it had stopped, then tried to start again while I was trying to stop them, he went straight to the bottom after I let go...like a rock. Maybe he was knocked unconscious, but a few days later he is back swimming around and breathing is close to normal. Very fortunate and felt horrible when it happened.
 
WOW! Sounds like your guy made out OK. Your lucky. I know every time I turned off my powerheads to feed, my starry blenny would immediately perch in one of the powerheads. I always had to make sure he was out and about before turning them back on. I was actaully tempted to put a non-functioning powerhead in my tank for him to perch in. That's what he loved to do....perch and watch with those eyes.
 
WOW! Sounds like your guy made out OK. Your lucky. I know every time I turned off my powerheads to feed, my starry blenny would immediately perch in one of the powerheads. I always had to make sure he was out and about before turning them back on. I was actaully tempted to put a non-functioning powerhead in my tank for him to perch in. That's what he loved to do....perch and watch with those eyes.
I’ve seen him on the scraper, but never the powerhead. I can assure you this won’t happen again. I don’t usually turn them off, but will not forget to check twice next time I do. Poor fella
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top