StayJejune's IM Nuvo 20

StayJejune

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Here is my IM Nuvo 20. The tank has been up for a few months. I plan on keeping mostly LPS and a few easy to keep SPS pieces. I have one Damicornis that I put into the tank yesterday. I've read a few articles about the Aquamaxx Nemo being able to sustain healthy growth and color in SPS, especially with tanks of my depth. I consider it my little experiment. If the Aquamaxx Nemo light isn't able to sustain healthy growth and color I'm considering going with the Radion G3 Pro, Radion G4, or the Aqua Illumination Hydra FiftyTwo. Here is the equipment list:
  • Micro ATO
  • Aquamaxx Nemo Light
  • MP10wQD
  • Cobalt Neo-therm heater
Fish List
  • Two Bengaai Cardinals
  • Orange Spotted Goby
Coral and Inverts
  • Pistol Shrimp;
  • Cleaner shrimp;
  • CUC;
  • Zoas;
  • War Coral;
  • Acans;
  • Frog spawn;
  • Torch;
  • Hammer;
  • ORA Pink and Green Damicornis; and
  • Jason Fox Limelight Hydnophora (I think? Feel free to correct me if that's not it)

Here are some assorted photos of the tank!

IMG_9038.JPG.jpeg


IMG_9038.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9039.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9038.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9039.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9040.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9041.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9042.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9043.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9044.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9045.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9038.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9039.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9040.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9041.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9042.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9043.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9044.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9045.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9046.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9047.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9048.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9050.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9051.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9052.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9054.JPG.jpeg
IMG_9055.JPG.jpeg
 
Thanks, Bob! The iPhone 7 has a great camera! Just have to learn how to edit the photos so they're a little less blue from the LEDs
I have a iPad Pro and a IPhone 6 but mainly use my iPad. I keep forgetting about zoom on my iPad
Take a look at my video's
Click on the links in my signature line
Thanks
 
Just a little update. First, I bought a Radion XR30w G4 to replace the Aquamaxx Nemo. I'm still in the acclamation period of getting the light up to the intensity I want it but everything in the tank seems to be as happy as can be. Second, I mounted and glued some of my frags to the rocks. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to start my Acan garden, but I think I've found a good spot for them. Finally, while the corals might be doing really well, my fish are not. I lost my Cardinal and my Goby and my Clownfish has a serious case of Ich. I ordered some medicine to treat the tank which should be in tomorrow. I really hope this treatment works and helps heal the Clownfish. Other than that things are great. I re-scaped the tank, but I haven't gotten a good picture of it yet. But, here are two pictures I had on my phone. I'll take some pictures of the tank tomorrow and post them!

Acan.jpg
Hammer.jpg
 
So I tried my hand at some editing thanks to @d2mini and his editing tutorial. Let me know what you guys think. I took the photos with my iPhone 7, so not the awesome base photo you'd get with a proper camera, but I thought things turned out okay!
Frogspawn-and-Torch-R2R.jpg
Hammer-Coral-R2R.jpg
 
Hi everyone!

It's been a while so I thought I would give a little tank update. 2017 was a terrible year. Not only for the tank, but also on account of a few deaths in the family. Two very unexpected deaths pretty much put the tank on the back burners. But, once things settled down towards the end of 2017 and things got back to normal, I started paying more attention to the tank and bringing things back from the edge. I lost a few coral on account of very spaced water changes resulting in poor water quality. A few of my SPS corals lost color, but somehow kept growing. I lost a few acans and the three I have left have a lot of tissue loss, but seem to be on the mend. I just added a beautiful hammer coral, a clown, and a goby. The goby was very small and I haven't seen him since I put him in two days ago. Slightly concerned that I haven't seen him yet, but my hope is that he found the pistol shrimp and just hasn't come out of the burrow that the pistol shrimp made.

Any who, here are a few pictures to show the state of the tank currently!

39212574065_c0bc416629_c.jpg


26237591888_2c964fcca1_z.jpg


39212579665_0ab54e4f5a_z.jpg


39212581595_851a8be4ee_z.jpg


40079025972_4a30b6ba0f_c.jpg
 
Tank and new scape looks awesome!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top