Stock list and what order to put em in

Matt groves

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is what I’m thinking- it’s a 48x36x 28 tall roughly 200 gallon with a large fuge and sump- what I’m unsure of is what order to start and how many to do at once- I was gonna try to do them in a few groups

what does everyone think-


2 clowns
Pair Midas blenny’s probably only find one
2 seperate Pairs of shrimp goby—
Kole tang/tomini
3 fairy wrasse
3 Flasher wrasse
1 halichoreos wrasse
Maybe 3 Anthias?
another Tang?
 
Group them by aggressiveness and territoriality. Go peaceful, commune-type hippie fish first, then add the semi-aggressive, middle class home owners and finally the aggressive robber barons and captains of industry last. Lets everyone find their niche in the tank before the more aggressive fish move in.

Research on most site (LiveAquaria) for good behavior characteristics of fish species.

Also, do not fall into the "one guy had a very peaceful hawk fish that didn't bother his shrimp at all" trap. Go with the dominant species profile. Individual fish can be different from the species but it's a bad bet.
 
This was the grouping I was thinking about

2 clowns
Pair of shrimp goby—x2?

3 flasher wrasses
Midas blenny

3 fairy wrasse
1 halichoreos wrasse

Kole tang
Maybe 3 Anthias?
another Tang?
 
This was the grouping I was thinking about

2 clowns
Pair of shrimp goby—x2?

3 flasher wrasses
Midas blenny

3 fairy wrasse
1 halichoreos wrasse

Kole tang
Maybe 3 Anthias?
another Tang?
Anthias like being fed frequently so if you're filtration is strong enough
 
This was the grouping I was thinking about

2 clowns
Pair of shrimp goby—x2?

3 flasher wrasses
Midas blenny

3 fairy wrasse
1 halichoreos wrasse

Kole tang
Maybe 3 Anthias?
another Tang?
Clowns in pairs will get aggressive and territorial (they're in the damsel family). I would suggest them last honestly.
Midas blenny as it's a peaceful fish should be first group as are most gobies and flasher wrasses.
 
Lyretail Anthias seem to adapt well to pellets and less feeding. I always added Tangs last. If u will have more than one Tang, I'd add them simultaneously. Given ur tank is 200 gal, adding clowns earlier should be fine... also captive bred clowns seem to be less aggressive.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top