Strage things sticking out of sandbed.

boeingn747

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2021
Messages
486
Reaction score
403
Location
South St.paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed today, in the corner of my 3yr old mixed reef these little things sticking out of the sand. They are maybe 1/4" long there is 50-75 of them maybe and I think they are alive because it seems like one second they look to just be sticking out to extended quite a bit. Regardless, I have never seen anything quite like this and considering it is only in this one corner I feel like now is the time to figure out what it is.

20220506_140343.jpg 20220506_140357.jpg 20220506_140422.jpg 20220506_140533.jpg
 
I noticed today, in the corner of my 3yr old mixed reef these little things sticking out of the sand. They are maybe 1/4" long there is 50-75 of them maybe and I think they are alive because it seems like one second they look to just be sticking out to extended quite a bit. Regardless, I have never seen anything quite like this and considering it is only in this one corner I feel like now is the time to figure out what it is.

20220506_140343.jpg 20220506_140357.jpg 20220506_140422.jpg 20220506_140533.jpg
Dude ive got the same thing, do they get bigger?
 
do they poke their tubes out of the sand or do you only find them when you disturb the stop of the sand bed? I have something similar but I was assuming mine is snail poop.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top