Strange tube invert growing on frag plug

a;lksdjf

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
265
Reaction score
167
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While cleaning my tank I accidentally knocked over my paly frag plug and found a strange orange-brown tube shaped critter growing on it. I’ve had the frag for about 3 months and I just now found it. Does anybody know what it is and if it’s a problem? It seems very sedentary
upload_2019-4-25_20-28-16.jpeg

upload_2019-4-25_20-29-25.jpeg
 
Looks like a vermetid snail. They can irritate corals and can reproduce in the aquarium. I'd scrape it off outside the tank.
thank you very much
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top