Strange Way for Anenome to Eat

BeakerBob

Moderator / Lab Rat
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
498
Reaction score
122
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son has an Orange BTA that is very striking in color. I have noticed that the last few times I have fed it, the food can be seen in the tip of one of it's tentacles. The food in the tentacle disappears after an evening.

Anyone else have an anemone that feeds like this??

Here is a shot with normal tentacles (RBTA in background):
MR-DSC_1252.jpg


Here is the Orange BTA after feeding. You can see the food is now located in the tip of one tentacle:
MR-DSC_1266.jpg


Here is another picture of the food in the tip of a tentacle. The clowns will push this food filled tentacle around.
MR-DSC_1268.jpg
 
I've never noticed that - I'll have to watch mine. I don't feed it, but the clowns do.
Its already too big - I gotta frag it again already!

Nice pictures - thanks for sharing those - cool looking anenome too!
 
Great pics Bob!

What are you feeding them? I know that when Jr. would feed his rhizo freeze dried krill sometimes an air-bubble would become logged in a tentacle (that came out of the freeze dried krill). I'm wondering if maybe this is what's happening here too?

Do they come in any other colors?
Green, Red, Orange and varying shades in between, also sometimes with multiple colors like red base with green tips.
 
I feed the tank and the anemone a mixture of flat pellets called Aquadine.
 
My tri-color just recently split into 3! If anyone is interested in a totally different colored anemone, PM me.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top