Stripes on jawbreaker baby

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skremk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Skremk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2016
Messages
31
Reaction score
149
Location
Redlands, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my mother jawbreaker has been dropping lots of babies, and one of them has stripes on it. It's in the center of the photo below, with whitish stripes radiating from the mouth. The only other mushrooms I have are some interstellar shrooms that are not near these, and I've watched the mother drop all of these babies over the last couple of months, so I'm sure it's from the mother jawbreaker. It's not quite as bright as the other babies next to it, but still fluoresces under atinics. The mushrooms in the photo are all pretty small still, less than 1/2" in diameter. I first noticed it maybe a month ago, and the stripes have been getting more pronounced as the mushroom has gotten bigger. There are about 6 or 7 other babies on the rock, and they all look like normal jawbreakers. Has anyone seen this before?


IMG_8938.jpg
 
maybe its sunburn,,,,we would all be just guessing
 
So my mother jawbreaker has been dropping lots of babies, and one of them has stripes on it. It's in the center of the photo below, with whitish stripes radiating from the mouth. The only other mushrooms I have are some interstellar shrooms that are not near these, and I've watched the mother drop all of these babies over the last couple of months, so I'm sure it's from the mother jawbreaker. It's not quite as bright as the other babies next to it, but still fluoresces under atinics. The mushrooms in the photo are all pretty small still, less than 1/2" in diameter. I first noticed it maybe a month ago, and the stripes have been getting more pronounced as the mushroom has gotten bigger. There are about 6 or 7 other babies on the rock, and they all look like normal jawbreakers. Has anyone seen this before?


IMG_8938.jpg
Wow... you have a cool jawbreaker baby.
 
My jawbreaker came as a baby with with streaks like that. As it got more lighting they turned orange.

The person I bought it from said the ones that were white like that usually got very good coloring, which turned out to be true in my case.
9CC0468B-2936-41E3-976A-1623B5653E35.jpeg
DC9E0E0B-525C-429D-98AE-67DA44AADA9C.jpeg
 
My jawbreaker came as a baby with with streaks like that. As it got more lighting they turned orange.

The person I bought it from said the ones that were white like that usually got very good coloring, which turned out to be true in my case.

Beautiful mushroom! And thank you for the info. Hopefully mine turns out like that, too.
 
That’s normal for jawbreaker that’s just how they color up
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top