Stuart's 1.5 Gallon Pico Build!

Should this be bare bottom or not? (remember I'm counting on the community to create this tank)


  • Total voters
    25
Everyone, I was thinking about what coral I would want in my aquarium as its showpiece! I want your guys opinion on this, so blurt out your ideas into chat please!
 
Alrighty, the tank has been cleaned. Now its your turn, which one of the 4 aquascapes do you guys like?

A)
20201006_160319.jpg

B)
20201006_160507_HDR.jpg

C)
20201006_161557.jpg

D)
20201006_161940.jpg

Feel free to give me feedback and what you would improve on the one you like!
B or C
 
Everyone, I was thinking about what coral I would want in my aquarium as its showpiece! I want your guys opinion on this, so blurt out your ideas into chat please!
Tears of Fury Micro Goniopora
Jiggly Puff Montipora
Maybe some pipe organs growing on the back wall or the floor of the tank.
 
think about

step back and take pic
hard to see scale of tank with the scaping
 
Just wanted to post an update that the stand is under construction as we speak, you can expect pictures by Friday of the finished stand (if everything goes according to plan the latest would be next friday).
 
Another update: I have found the corals I would like to put into the nano reef and I'm going to order them soon.
Cart - Frag Box - Google Chrome 2020-10-22 4_02_06 PM (2).png
 
Finally, an update for my 1.5 gallon pico. With Alberta in full lockdown, i was not able tp finish the stand in time (but i might be able to go in within a few days to finish it. Fingers crossed!!). For the past couple days i have been redoing an aquascape as the old ones I posted on were... Meh. Today I also got the back of the aquarium painted black.

Plan:
- Before christmas break I am going to finish the stand, paint it, then start planning the sump.
- have the aquarium ready for livestock by January. Might do a clown goby harem, lemme know what you think of that!
- get proper lighting for coral by the end of January - kessil a80 is the lighting I want.
- and along with the lighting, i will have the first few pieces of coral. I am planning on doing gsp or clove polyp backround.

Aquascape:
20201202_145252.jpg


20201202_145242.jpg


20201202_145153.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20201202_145228.jpg
    20201202_145228.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 27
I was wondering if I can put a fish in my 5g nano (because it's so small) and you are planning to do a "clown goby harem" in a 1,5g? Maybe I should go visit my LFS ;)
 
I say Acan's and Zoa's. But if you go with Zoa's be careful with a clown goby.

I mainly keep pico's,and personally never put fish in them. I think of it like a human in solitary confinement in a 8x6 cell,24/7. Anything under a 10" cube I ca't bring myself to add fish. Now,in my now 10" I may add a Neon or Sharknose Goby's stay about an inch and just float around everywhere. Not much swimming room since they are perching fish.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top