Suggestions for in hood Biocube 29 light mod

SusRenee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2020
Messages
41
Reaction score
93
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Coralife 29 BioCube with the older LED/Florescent combo. I would like to mod the hood to fit a better light, but I don't have a huge budget for it. I do not want to remove the hood, too many furry critters in the house and we live on a small farm, so dust is an issue. I've got a budget of $200 or less, preferably less.

I'm aiming towards the SB Reef Lights sBox Sprite, I've watched his mod videos. But I thought I'd see if there were any other suggestions out there.
 
Steves LED's but I think the budget is a bit higher. I personally would stay with stock lighting unless your going SPS.
 
I used ai prime hd. 2” hole saw in the top center of where your light is. Then some Velcro around underneath the sides.
My cats haven’t gotten it off.... they’ve tried....
 
I used ai prime hd. 2” hole saw in the top center of where your light is. Then some Velcro around underneath the sides.
My cats haven’t gotten it off.... they’ve tried....
That was on my short list also. How's the spread with the central cluster? I was a bit worried about that.
 
Steves LED's but I think the budget is a bit higher. I personally would stay with stock lighting unless your going SPS.
Yeah, Steve's are a bit out of budget at $350ish. And probably more oomph than I really need. I wish they made a lower level kit. My stock lights are toast, I'd have to replace all fluorescent bulbs and LEDs aren't turning on. With the $ it costs to replace bulbs, I might as well upgrade.
 
I have a Coralife 29 BioCube with the older LED/Florescent combo. I would like to mod the hood to fit a better light, but I don't have a huge budget for it. I do not want to remove the hood, too many furry critters in the house and we live on a small farm, so dust is an issue. I've got a budget of $200 or less, preferably less.

I'm aiming towards the SB Reef Lights sBox Sprite, I've watched his mod videos. But I thought I'd see if there were any other suggestions out there.

Hey SusRenee! Did you ever come up with a reasonably priced lighting option? My 29 gal bio cube is 10 years old and the lighting is toast as well. I can’t even find the florescent replacement bulbs. Thx in advance
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top