Sump for my 20 gallon long reef tank!!

Saltwater_nick94

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have been tossing around the idea of making a sump for my 20 gallon long reef. I don’t really want to drill the tank in fear that it will crack or I will shatter it. If I truly have to drill the tank I will tho.

What size piping would you guys use if I am going to run 3/4” bulk heads?

I only plan on using a 10 gallon tank for the sump if that helps.

B5B141BC-E4C9-40DB-B31F-88F76D54A34C.jpeg 4CC60AE3-5A1F-49F9-910F-F6234FB308F9.jpeg 1D985B4C-F87F-4287-A150-02E570C4D411.jpeg
 
1/2" return is fine and I would do an overflow with 2 1" drains. Always good to have a back up drain. 3/4" return is over kill for a small tank. Drill the tank if you can, most 20l tanks dont have tempered sides just the bottom, if it does crack they are cheap to replace. Drilling glass is easy so dont fear do it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top