Sump under tank or behind in the garage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Imback
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Imback

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
72
Reaction score
65
Location
Frisco, Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 150 DT shares a wall with my garage. I like the idea of the sump being in the garage but should I be concerned about car fumes? The engine is never running with out the door open and never backed in. Would you worry about that?
 
If you run a co2 scrubber on your Skimmer that could help with the concern of any impurities in the air. They are pretty cheap. It’s not going to eliminate the introduction of impurities to your system all together since there is more than just your skimmer that gas exchange is occurring but it is certainly the biggest contributor. The other concern of having it in the garage is temperature control. Does your garage stay pretty consistent throughout the day and through the the year? I agree though, having a sump in another room with more room to work with is way better than in under the tank.
 
I have my sump and frag tank in the garage, uncovered. No issues and the wife parks in there. She knows to open the door and get herself situated and then turn the car on and quickly pull out. Same with pulling back in. Shouldn’t be an issue as long as you don’t idle the car in the garage.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top