Supplemental Lighting for Coverage on NUVO 10 w AI Prime

TateLitts

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
90
Reaction score
96
Location
Lino Lakes
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - I’ve been rocking an AI prime 16HD over my NUVO 10 for nearly a year and a half now with great growth. I just decided to jump into SPS with some easier frags (setosa, birdsnest, miyagi tort, cali tort, and PC rainbow). I know the prime can handle these, but I would like to increase the coverage because it’s just a puck. Does anyone have recommendations on how to increase coverage? Small cheap LED strips? TYIA
DED6690A-F5D6-4427-9F47-01DB14ED0B7C.jpeg
 
Feel like adding another Prime? That would help eliminate the shadowing. If you like the Prime, that might be the best option.

The shortest LED bars I ever see are 24", I believe. There are cheap fixtures on amazon, like Nicrew and others, that come in 18". I don't know how wide your tank is.
 
Another prime. A SPS dominant tank on nano reef has 4 of them on a 10g actually… :O
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top