Surprise in a 15 years old aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lasse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I'm the same way about centipedes and scorpions. I used to work in a petshop and had to put water in a scorpions bowl... I got 12 inches away and I just froze and could NOT force myself to get any closer. It was wild.

This guy creeps me out the same way centipedes do. It's something in my genes saying, "F that thing and all things like it!" I'm with you.
Me too! Other insects don't bother me much but I see these two and I run for the hills! My mother was stung by a scorpion when she was young, told me it was the worst pain she has ever felt and was in pain for a week. Why would anyone want to catch a Bobbit worm in the wild, for what purpose?
 
Me too! Other insects don't bother me much but I see these two and I run for the hills! My mother was stung by a scorpion when she was young, told me it was the worst pain she has ever felt and was in pain for a week. Why would anyone want to catch a Bobbit worm in the wild, for what purpose?
The guy who made those videos says they are excellent bait.
 
Hi again - the bobbit worm still alive. A DNA test is done - not any of these species yet tested for DNA. In order to see the species - it has to be killed and analysed in a morphological way. But it will still be alive at Gothenburg Marine Biological Laboratory

If you have any ideas about this species please contact @Björn Källström here at R2R

A short video


Sincerely Lasse
 
Hi again - the bobbit worm still alive. A DNA test is done - not any of these species yet tested for DNA. In order to see the species - it has to be killed and analysed in a morphological way. But it will still be alive at Gothenburg Marine Biological Laboratory

If you have any ideas about this species please contact @Björn Källström here at R2R

A short video


Sincerely Lasse

Sure looks similar to the one that came with some oysters I bought one time. The one in the oysters was like 6 inches long. But look similar. Is it cold water species?
 
What are they feeding it?

Sinularia and pellets. It has been in one 500 liters aquarium for more than 15 years before. There have been no loss of fish in that aquarium

Sure looks similar to the one that came with some oysters I bought one time. The one in the oysters was like 6 inches long. But look similar. Is it cold water species?

No its a warmwater species

Sincerely Lasse
 
Sinularia and pellets. It has been in one 500 liters aquarium for more than 15 years before. There have been no loss of fish in that aquarium



No its a warmwater species

Sincerely Lasse
That's why it went unnoticed for 15yrs
 
Eeewwww… that is really cool! But also kinda scary. :( I think I got one of those once on a coral. I was putting the coral into my tank after acclimation and thought it was a bristle worm. Until I saw it had fangs. I flipped out and dropped it and recovered it, then observed it for an hour. My new peppermint shrimp was shredding it! ;clapping
 
Well... that is a nice-sized nope-rope you got there! I've seen enough National Geographic to know that those things LOVE eating fish (and possibly fingers). :confused:
 
That’s the stuff nightmares are made of
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top