Swiss Red Sea Max Nano (20g)

Looks really interesting and good so far! I'm quite new to the hobby and was checking this post out as it's a similar build to what I'm hoping for. I am probably wrong, because again I'm quite new, but it seems like maybe you've added a really significant amount of livestock to this tank that's really quite young? Is your ammonia okay? Hope they're all doing well in there certainly looks awesome! Good luck :D
 
Here is an update of the tank..
colors are really popping lately and I like how the frags develop.

maybe someone cares :P
 

Attachments

  • ABE0D2C4-6074-4464-8EB1-56C0B75FFB0C.jpeg
    ABE0D2C4-6074-4464-8EB1-56C0B75FFB0C.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 90E75C3D-226E-4A7C-9276-436080DBAB2A.jpeg
    90E75C3D-226E-4A7C-9276-436080DBAB2A.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 86
  • CA22C21A-74A8-4E0D-A9CC-2B14694870F1.jpeg
    CA22C21A-74A8-4E0D-A9CC-2B14694870F1.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 57E516DF-F566-494A-9FE0-B26D871BBE64.jpeg
    57E516DF-F566-494A-9FE0-B26D871BBE64.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 42A53EC2-00A1-4670-BE05-9012662C44A4.jpeg
    42A53EC2-00A1-4670-BE05-9012662C44A4.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 71D25F85-D0C5-4001-9E60-2E13CB57E3F2.jpeg
    71D25F85-D0C5-4001-9E60-2E13CB57E3F2.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 81
Well dont mate iv had my RSN 3 Years great tank, Changed skimmer and the return as i have chiller, If you have any questions happy to answer iv been through wars and also tried most equiptment and patient always wins in the end LOL
What skimmer and return pump did you switch to, and why?
 
Hey, any news?
I saw your nitrates rising, was just wondering if you could keep them in check. Hope everything's still fine, keep us updated.
 
hey there
well, nitrates are ok as I just did power up my skimmer. So all good :)

here some new pics.. did re-arrange my scape a bit.
 

Attachments

  • 4E9650C8-4365-4EFD-AFFD-2C30898BCA39.jpeg
    4E9650C8-4365-4EFD-AFFD-2C30898BCA39.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 97840686-6607-43AB-8985-2A888DAA5793.jpeg
    97840686-6607-43AB-8985-2A888DAA5793.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 1F857386-598C-49E8-80A6-78C61DBC34DB.jpeg
    1F857386-598C-49E8-80A6-78C61DBC34DB.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 30D07191-B7DE-4F4F-B426-3AFB1379301D.jpeg
    30D07191-B7DE-4F4F-B426-3AFB1379301D.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 8664EFC8-2D71-4963-A3C3-BE3A366EE24E.jpeg
    8664EFC8-2D71-4963-A3C3-BE3A366EE24E.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 79
Looks even better, glad it's working out for you.
 
Looks even better, glad it's working out for you.
thank you man! :)
I plan to remove the 3 seperate bubble gum frags and glue them to one bigger piece.
then I want to place some Millepora frags on the top of my rock.
Hopefully this works, because I honestly dont know what PAR I have there.
 
What skimmer and return pump did you switch to, and why?
Mate I'm running Tunze 9001 and return Jaco 1500lph I'm running chiller next to take reason change return. Tunze I tried fee fits nice has heaps room still left.
 
Mate I'm running Tunze 9001 and return Jaco 1500lph I'm running chiller next to take reason change return. Tunze I tried fee fits nice has heaps room still left.
Is the Tunze 9001 an easy fit and is it silent? I mean more silent than the original one? I hate the noise.
 
Is the Tunze 9001 an easy fit and is it silent? I mean more silent than the original one? I hate the noise.
Yes fits perfect in middle chamber quiet as has magnet u can use on glass. I don't have it next to socks its on other end where foam trap is
 
Ok yeah im pretty curious now.
Can you also lemme know how you perform a water change? Do you shut off all the pumps and skimmer in order to do a water change? Or are you simply just pulling out water and then refill when everything still runs?
Yes, the AWC i only take out about 1.5L 2x day but you can adjust it to what you want with optical sensors, one is for top level and ATO other one is where it will drain too. I have 2 x 30L drums so i dont only need to change it ever few weeks. could do 1 day or every few days its fully customisable.
 
Well.. maybe time to update this thread..
I had issues with dinos and wasnt happy with my rockwork / scape.

So I did a new scape and cleaned the tank.

I started with live rock and insta stocked with 2 colonies..

This is now running for 1 week.
CDAF4F3F-A340-4B0C-B79E-868F347C9E8D.jpeg
6526E121-87D0-43E1-AC8C-16BB678E00B8.jpeg
4C701DE2-F5A8-4CD2-99CB-FB86A831D9C0.jpeg
9714F37C-F21C-4045-B896-C278B83C0ABB.jpeg
353D37DE-D251-496C-AE26-A2734733062D.jpeg
1BEFA14F-72C1-4FED-819C-9BBE22AD5E23.jpeg
BBDDED34-2C76-4DE2-9367-21323C023993.jpeg
AF93AE64-012C-4A74-97EF-2AFA2E7015E6.jpeg
D02BBC03-FC1A-4D8B-B205-8DD3E5DB73CE.jpeg
AD631A6A-3BB4-4764-BE57-BE131B19331F.jpeg
80E1EC63-83BD-42F7-8687-72115C86B304.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That looks great, hope SPS goes well
 
Looks great, following!
 
Some new additions..
A friend of mine was so kind and keeped them for me until i was ready :)
Its from an Indo import.

some sort of orange mille with green polyps.

the other one has a weird growth pattern and I dont know what it is.. its multicolored and should be a mille too.

my birdsnest still looks good colored
2D8D21C1-D4D9-4B88-8A51-5DF14B238697.jpeg
4AB59CEE-76BF-435A-A3AC-1028E9E00533.jpeg
A4D7056D-CE57-4F60-B926-8E4C39CCB9C5.jpeg
CD65147F-F50D-477D-8396-A25168591A92.jpeg
B1CF6B9F-98FC-4B86-90E9-C5791DC83797.jpeg
3DEEC923-25AF-4591-8122-380B00AEEDA1.jpeg
CC1ECD81-1EB6-4125-A7D2-3896D4F5E81C.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Added to new sticks today.. just a few hours in the tank now.

one is a tricolor
and the other I honestly dont know.. its red/violet with orange filter
770B7104-7DD7-4E31-B7C4-70FB52066CF2.jpeg
50817597-6930-41EE-AD84-DACE5E9F20C8.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top