T5/led lighting for im fusion 25 lagoon

Rottinggore

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2017
Messages
86
Reaction score
39
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do t5 and led. I already have an ai prime hd and was wondering if 2 t5 bulbs one in front and one in back would be suffient for most coral or should I do 2 in front and 2 in the back with the prime hd in the middle?
 
Should I go 2 bulbs or 4? I eventually want sps but it will be a mixed reef.
 
Should I go 2 bulbs or 4? I eventually want sps but it will be a mixed reef.

I'd probably go 2 bulbs but if anything add another prime when you want to go all sps. That way you don't have to replace 4 bulbs every year because the t5s will be more supplementary with that set up.
 
I'd probably go 2 bulbs but if anything add another prime when you want to go all sps. That way you don't have to replace 4 bulbs every year because the t5s will be more supplementary with that set up.
Cool thanks for the help
 
I was also thinking of just doing two Ati coral plus bulbs?
 
So I bought the 2 FT - 2 x 24 Watt T5 HO Miro-4 Retrofit Kit - LET Lighting and one Ati coral+ Bulb and one Ati blue+ Bulb. Not sure how I'm going to hang it but can I make a thin aluminum housing for it or would wood be better for heat?
 
A thin aluminum housing from lowes will be perfect, if I find a picture of mine I will send you, unfortunately I sold and I got a bigger one
 
A thin aluminum housing from lowes will be perfect, if I find a picture of mine I will send you, unfortunately I sold and I got a bigger one
Do you remember what you bought to make the housing?
 
Finished product still need to add the prime but I gotta transfer livestock first

image.jpeg
 
I ended up going with a reef rite 24 inch xho 50/50 with 2 t5s with an Ati blue+ and an ati coral+ but I'm switching the coral+ with a purple+ to get more blue. Would this be enough for light for sps?
 
I want to do t5 and led. I already have an ai prime hd and was wondering if 2 t5 bulbs one in front and one in back would be suffient for most coral or should I do 2 in front and 2 in the back with the prime hd in the middle?
I would cover as much as I could with T5s and use the LED as a supplementation.
3 Blue Plus and 1 ATI Coral Plus.
Grandis.
 
I now have 4 t5s and and a led strip.
Bulb combo is
Back
Ati true actinic
Ati blue plus
Reef brite 24" 50/50 xho
Ati purple plus
Ati blue plus
Front
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top