T5 light bulbs? Whats the best ones?

Welcome to R2R! Where are you at in Bama? There is a 65K but not sure on a 67K
 
Check out reefgeeks...they should have any bulb you might want....
 
I don't find it necessary to run that ugly yellow bulb! Get a mix of ATI Blue+ and Aquablue Specials (which is WHITE) and you will be very happy!

Currently I run 4 Blue + and 2 AB Specials.
 
I don't find it necessary to run that ugly yellow bulb! Get a mix of ATI Blue+ and Aquablue Specials (which is WHITE) and you will be very happy!

Currently I run 4 Blue + and 2 AB Specials.



that ugly bulb helps sometimes.....
 
I run:

Two Pure actinic (violet) bulbs
Two 660 Nm (blue) bulbs
Two 10k Bulbs
Two 6500 Midday bulbs.
 
There is actually NO REASON at all to run a "ugly yellow bulb" except for the fact that you get a ton more growth.

I could not disagree more. I have better growth out of the combo I listed then I have had out of any other. Click my photo link to se images of my tank, I am on my phone atm and can,t link any pics...
 
The combo I run over my Frag tank is the best I've found

But they are T12 bulbs

Two UV 03 Actinic (very violet) bulbs
Eight GE 6500k Daylight bulbs






.
 
See, I think I get "decent" SPS growth...

554943090_uVxNm-M.jpg


Or how about this one:
568527617_UiGp5-M.jpg


I think the "traditional" line of thought on lower spectrum meaning better growth has to be reconsidered with the latest line of T5 bulbs. Especially the Blue + bulb, it has almost (virtually the same) PAR as the Aquablue Special, which has MORE PAR then the GE 6.5K bulb according to tests done by a very respected T5 guru on another board.

I will put up my T5 set against any other light, and I am confident that I will have better COLOR and equal growth to boot!
 
sweet tank but way too blue for my likes.A ge6500 brings out some colors that the ati bulbs couldnt over my tank..............
 
sweet tank but way too blue for my likes.A ge6500 brings out some colors that the ati bulbs couldnt over my tank..............

I also found the 6500k bulbs bring out some nice
colors without them things are just too blue.


.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top