T5HO Fixtures.. suggestions and questions

are you not getting enough light with a 4 bulb? try to add a reefbrite to it?

I am getting a lot of light with my Sbar supplemented, I just want a but more oomph to it. I feel like my SPS could do better with more light
 
You could use the $15 lux meter.
And it "should " be enough light. But it does depend on the fixture. Some don't put out enough poop.
And it's the ballast imo.

But almost definitely not enough for a clam in the sand.
 
You could use the $15 lux meter.
And it "should " be enough light. But it does depend on the fixture. Some don't put out enough poop.
And it's the ballast imo.

But almost definitely not enough for a clam in the sand.

My Derasa clam is doing great though. Had him for I wanna say 7 months. He grew quite a bit and is full!

Photo taken last night
FB48865C-C6ED-4B23-AD61-BE67E55B88FA.jpeg
 
lol. touché.

I am actually really bored right now at work, and nothing better to do than research for future lighting and seeing how much I need to save up!

My SPS probably would probably be happier with more light though.
 
An ati tube at 12in is about 160 par each. So at i2in that's a peak in the middle area of about 600+. At 12 in from the tube keep in mind.

I haven't metered or seen par/lux on the s bar yet.

At 8in (my old retrofit ) a ati on good ballast was 35000 lux about 700 par.
 
lol. touché.

I am actually really bored right now at work, and nothing better to do than research for future lighting and seeing how much I need to save up!

My SPS probably would probably be happier with more light though.
Hahaha. Lol. Nice.

Yea, well I'll confess I just took 3 ai sols off my 55g and put 3 new sbreeflights on.
So there's that. Lol.
 
I have a lux meter, but I haven't been able to properly test the lighting. It's a two person job and I keep forgetting to ask visitors to help me, lol

I like the sbreef lights! which is why I got the Sbar. maybe I'll just get a second Sbar to put on the back of the tank
 
IMO Def keep an eye out for a deal on a sweeeet light.
Patience pays off.
 
I have a lux meter, but I haven't been able to properly test the lighting. It's a two person job and I keep forgetting to ask visitors to help me, lol

I like the sbreef lights! which is why I got the Sbar. maybe I'll just get a second Sbar to put on the back of the tank
Just measure what you have at the top of the water.

Devide by 50 for t5 , 60 for led. 55 for the Combo.
 
Do you have a photo? what fixture is it?

It is a hydroplanet. I was going to go with agrobrite but their 8 bulb was costly. If you’re having any doubts YouTube tidal gardens. That’s where i got the idea from.
ecc188c4850cc3c4abb3a3f4f1c45cc2.jpg
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top